Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday 22 November 2013

OMG, I've been dying to show you...

My mum sent out an early birthday present for my 40th!
Yep, I'll be 40 in a few days...

It was so exciting opening the parcel from Sweden.
The surprise look on my face when I saw what she had sent me - priceless☺
I couldn't believe it!!


It was an antique wooden tray used in farm kitchens a long long time ago...


It's been a dream of mine to own one.

Now, I have all these ideas of how to decorate it.
Looking forward to Christmas...
Just sayin'

Oh, my... it's going to look amazing!


A perfect gift for me♥
So happy she was able to get a hold on one.
Wooden trays are very sought after in Sweden.


A simple display of faux apples in my beautiful tray.
The apples were a gift from my dad♥ many years ago.

Two perfect gifts together as one.
 Nice and simple, just the way I like it.

Hope you all have a great weekend and fab week ahead.
Hugs from an almost 40 year old!

Linking to







 A big Thank You 
to all of you hosting 
these wonderful parties!!

...and also, thanks to all my visitors ☺
It makes my day to see you have stopped by 
My Swedish Corner ~ Down Under! 

A big welcome to my new followers too!
♥♥♥

8 comments:

  1. Oh it is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! I love how your set it off so simply with the green apples.. perfect in its simplicity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous gift you can enjoy year round! It looks really good on your table, too. I can see why you're in love. :) XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mother is a treasure!! The apples are perfect for it, the simplicity is beautiful! Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your new tray. I can imagine lots of uses for it.
    Have a wonderful week. I am joining you through What's It Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dough bowl is just AMAZING! What a wonderful and thoughtful gift. A mother always knows! Happy birthday!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous gift for your birthday, Pernilla! I know you will have lots of fun creating centerpieces in it. Thank you for sharing it at my HOME and enjoy the weekend.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Pernilla, I love wooden dough bowls! They are sought after here and cost a pretty penny. Over $100. Can't wait to see it all decked out for the holidays! Happy 40th my Australian friend! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to write a message or two ;)
I love reading all your comments!

♥Hugs♥