Related Posts with Thumbnails

Saturday 22 December 2012

No curtains, but at least light...

I feel like time is running out, so much to do before Christmas Eve - wrapping the kids presents, cooking traditional Swedish Christmas food and make the final touches here and there. I think the kitchen curtain project has to wait... Sorry, I really want to have them finished, but there is not enough time... ☺

At least our window looks cozy and Christmassy at night... I almost think I'm back in Sweden where every window either has a star or an electric candle holder lighting up the darkness of winter.

Can you imagine walking down the street and every house, or every window in an apartment block has pretty Christmas lights like this. It's so beautiful. That's Christmas for me.


Magical, isn't it?


Took a couple with the flash too so you can see how cozy it is in our 
sit down kitchen area.

The wooden red Christmas star comes from IKEA. I bought it years ago.
The electric Advent candle holder on the window sill was a gift from my all time 
best friend/chosen sister in Sweden♥ 

I can live without the top Christmas curtains for a few more days, 
maybe we'll fix them up in the beginning of the year... 
or in time for the next Christmas ☺
Stay tuned!! lol

Linking to 

12 comments:

  1. Oh how beautiful - thank you for linking to Open House. The lights in the windows from the candles are pure LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Christmas candles.

    My PINK
    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Swedish star light! So pretty with your gingham curtains.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it looks very cozy. Love the window, too.
    D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pernilla,
    Thank you for your sweet words all the way from Australia on my little blog today! I LOVE Christmas, too, and am always captivated by Swedish style and fairytales. :-))) I adore your Christmas window. It must be so cozy sharing hot drinks and stories there!
    Wishing you and your family blessings of health, peace, joy and prosperity in the New Year.
    Hugs,
    Linda at Beautiful Ideas
    (In Newfoundland, Canada)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the candles with those windows - very pretty! Happy Holidays and best wishes for the new year!
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  7. The lights in the window are amazing, so beautiful. I hope you have a very Merry and Blessed Christmas. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your beautiful window lights.
    Merriest Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hauskaa Joulua - Merry Christmas ... have a wonderful holiday

    ReplyDelete
  10. enjoying yours posts, going to spend time and go through the past. thank you for sharing. Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is lovely. Merry Christmas to you.........Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to walk down that street and see all of the windows with candles in them. Thank you for sharing your tradition and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to write a message or two ;)
I love reading all your comments!

♥Hugs♥