Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sunday 2 March 2014

Finally Autumn!

Wow, 
Autumn is finally here. 
We are finally going towards cooler months.
Yay☺
Yesterday was the first day of Autumn here in the Southern hemisphere,
but it doesn't mean we are going to need jumpers and scarves
any time soon.

Temperatures for the coming week: +28-29°C (82-84°F)
Sounds quite pleasant, don't you think?!


Next week also has an important date in the Swedish calendar.
On Tuesday, we celebrate Fettisdagen.
In English, it's called Shrove Tuesday 
and it's the day preceding Ash Wednesday.

We celebrate the day by eating a 'semla' or two...
If you'r not familiar with the term semla,
take a look at Wikipedia page here for an explanation.

I love keeping my Swedish traditions going,
so I've already made a batch of semlor,
ready to be enjoyed on Tuesday.

I have to admit though,
We had some for dessert today and they were truly scrumptious.
Already looking forward to Tuesday!

Have a great night, dear blog friends☺

3 comments:

  1. Oh we are just beginning to look forward to spring. Sounds like your temps are going to be fabulous, my kind of weather. Your Semla's looks sooooooooooooo good. I would love one. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummm, these look sooo good.
    It still seems funny to me that it's near Autumn there and we are waiting for spring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those temperatures sound just perfect to me ;D
    We returned from Melbourne last July so I'm missing those temperature although Melbourne could be a little chillier.
    We'll be having crepes tomorrow for Pancake Tuesday and I know a few around here that can't wait ;D
    Waving from a sunny but rather chillier Bonnie Scotland.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to write a message or two ;)
I love reading all your comments!

♥Hugs♥