Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tuesday 22 September 2015

Scandinavian Festival, Brisbane 2015

It's been really busy here with school fete and Jonah's 9th birthday. Sunday the 13th of September, a couple of Sundays ago, it was time for the Scandinavian Festival again. It's the highlight of of the year in my calendar. 



Our two Swaustralian kiddies
ready to attend the annual Scandinavian Festival in Brisbane



Danish Folk dance


Lots of stalls - and even more people!
Luckily, not too hot this year.
The Weather Gods were on our side ☺



Danish Handicraft




Talented Yenny - Dirt By Earth




Talented Jenny - Thorogami



Lots of people!


Swedes Down Under - The Swedish Club in Brisbane,
The club was founded  in my Uncle's kitchen in the late 80's. 




Princess Cake - and Swedish Sandwich Cake... My kind of Heaven!


Oh, yum!


My Swaustralian Princess is enjoying a slice of scrumptious Sandwich Cake



The kids outside The Danish Club


The Swedish School's Fish Pond


My best friend Petra behind the scene/in the fish pond lol Daisy Doodle Bug, Petra's Swaustralian daughter is photo bombing my shot... Cheeky girl ♥







My family ♥
They are checking out the Floor Hockey.








The Finnish blue n white flag.
I'm 1/4 Finnish by the way... ☺



My blue n yellow Viking Princess











Saga Vikings are a Living History/Re-enactment group that focuses on researching and recreating all aspects of the Viking Era.




The flag of my first home country ♥


On the way home I was munching away on the most scrumptious cheese snack; OLW's Cheez Doodles - The cheezier snack! Yum ☺



Leaving Brisbane and heading home 
- Storey Bridge in the review mirror.


Already looking forward to next year's festival...☺




2 comments:

  1. How fun!!! I love festival like these...it's like visiting Sweden and getting a little taste away from home!!! Your little girl looks so cute in here Swedish dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Olivia! Yes, it's like home away from home :)
      Lily loves dressing up in her costume - so much fun!

      Delete

Please feel free to write a message or two ;)
I love reading all your comments!

♥Hugs♥