Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday 18 June 2012

Four small horses

These four horses came from my father's side of the family.
Mum found them when she went through dad's things after his passing in 2006.
They had been stored out in the attic for many, many years.
She didn't even know about them. Perfect gift for me, she thought.
They don't live with the rest of my collection, which I showed in a previous post
These horses are more special, and really old☺
The smallest horse has a broken leg and lean on the horse next to it.
Beautiful imperfections.
A painting from Carl Larsson behind the candles.
One of my favourite paintings by him is at the top of the corner cabinet too.
Their home looks so warm and inviting, don't you think?

Next to my dad's horses I've placed my maternal grandmother's lingonberry jar
- a wedding gift when she got married in 1943.
My family items are precious to me.
History is important☺

My maternal grandmother called my home 'the museum'.
She didn't really understand my fascination with the old world,
surrounding myself with vintage and antique treasures,
many which came from her own home♥

Linking to:
Blue Monday - Smiling Sally
Making the World Cuter Monday - Making The World Cuter

Share The Love - Very Merry Vintage Style
Tablescape Thursday - Between Naps on The Porch
Do stop by these wonderful blog parties.
They are filled with amazing inspiration!

21 comments:

  1. I love your horses, I have just one myself (not as old as you though :) I also have one from Finland (an all black one - very unusual) and one from Estonia that is a rocking horse. It is an eclectic set - but love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though it has been stored for so many years in the attic, the horse still looks so fantastic! Visited from BM. Here's mine thanks! Little World of Fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH I love old family items my house is full of family items also your Grandparents item are wonderful
    The little horses I can just see your Grandpa arranging them on a shelf and Grandma kept her Lingon piece all these years becasue it was precious to her
    good for you keeping them

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those horses show up nicely in front of the blue from the picture. Thanks for sharing your blues.

    Happy Blue Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those horses are cuties!


    PS. Would you mind following my new blog, where my BLUE post is? Thank you in advance!

    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a laphs.ovely series of photogr

    ReplyDelete
  7. What interesting furnishings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful candles!

    A little bit of blue, have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your pretty horses, especially the one that leans on the other. A reminder of how important it is to have someone to lean on. Great mementos to remind you of your ancestors. Thanks for sharing them with us at Ivy and Elephants.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very special family momentos and treasures Pernilla!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena
    2012 Artists Series

    ReplyDelete
  11. What wonderful family treasures. You are fortunate you Mum thought of gifting the horses to you. Perfect for your home museum.

    Visiting from What's It Wednesday.
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are very fortunate to have these horses. I have never seen any like them. They are real treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such wonderful memories.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's wonderful to have some family memories stored within these little treasures ♥ Visiting via the Thursday Favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those horses are great little treasures. Stopping by from Katie's linky to say hi.
    Cheers,
    Char
    http://1epicmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the horses. Stopping by from Katies Linky.
    Minta

    mintab@gmail.com
    http://mintascreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love visiting your blog each VTT. My maternal great grandparents were from Sweden and sadly, I know practically nothing about them.

    What a wonderful surprise to find your father's family dala horses. What treasure, pure gold!

    Happy VTT!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pernilla, your home is a museum of wonderful treasures. The big differnce is that at a real museum you can only look and not touch. Your home feels so cozy and warm and not anything like a museum. These horses are definately a wonderful heirloom. I love the basket/bucket of candles. Thanks for sharing with Share Your Cup.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love all your old (historical) treasures. I love old things with a great story attached:) What are lingonberry jars? Thank you for sharing at Freedom Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You have such a wonderful collection of horses, great memories. Thank you so much for sharing on Simple & Sweet Fridays.


    Jody

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to write a message or two ;)
I love reading all your comments!

♥Hugs♥