Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday 22 June 2012

Midsummer flowers in the kitchen

Even though it's in the middle of winter here in the southern hemisphere I still follow the northern seasons when I decorate. Today Midsummer is celebrated in Sweden. It's one of the biggest holidays and is celebrated more than our Swedish National Day.


Beautiful Swedish flowers


Beautiful mixed colours, different shapes and sizes.


Fresh buns, anyone? 
(Just kidding, they are plastic - but look pretty real to me☺)


Cream and blue enamelware - one of my weaknesses lol 

  

Beautiful blue candle holders
  

Candle light is so pretty


Wish I could pick a fresh bouquet of wild Swedish flowers...


Our tradition is to pick seven different flowers and put them under the pillow 
on the night of  Midsummer Eve
- and as a result you'll dream about the man you'll marry! So sweet☺


I used to pick flowers on the side of the road - very romantic!
  

During the weekend I'll post more about our Swedish Midsummer down - under.

Linking to the following inspirational blog parties:
Pink Saturday - How Sweet The Sound

Make sure you visit the above blog parties.
They are filled with yummy inspiration☺

Have a lovely Friday, my dear blog friends♥

10 comments:

  1. Love the white and blue:) And who was that sweet smiling face in the middle? Lol. Just beautiful. Thank you for sharing at Freedom Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blue and cream ware. Really nice. I'm happy to be following you now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful table setting and I really LOVE those blue candle holders - so mezmerising! Hope you are having a fun Pink Saturday-weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here in North Dakota we celebrate mid summer.This last week be had allot of things going on
    Hope your days are fun

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, it is true. Here in norway, we are celebrating midsummer also. And the sun is up, thanks be to God, but alittle bit windy. Anyway, we ate barbecued meat but stayed just a home. I prefer tor ead blogsposts. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous! I like those candles. Happy pink Saturday.

    Come and see my PINK entry, when you get a chance, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the white and blue as well. Elegant and strong.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful celebration. Love your blue and white
    cream ware and candles. Thanks for sharing on Simple & Sweet Fridays.

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful celebration. Love your blue and white
    cream ware and candles. Thanks for sharing on Simple & Sweet Fridays.

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for joining Color Connection last week, come and join this week again. The linky is up now.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to write a message or two ;)
I love reading all your comments!

♥Hugs♥